Rocky Hill Parks & Recreation / Senior Services
Register Now

Quarry Park


12 am
1 am
2 am
3 am
4 am
5 am
6 am
7 am
8 am
9 am
10 am
11 am
12 pm
1 pm
2 pm
3 pm
4 pm
5 pm
6 pm
7 pm
8 pm
9 pm
10 pm
11 pm
Quarry Park

= Unavailable     = Available
View from top of Quarry Park

Facility Information

Old Main St (opposite Marshall Rd)
Rocky Hill, CT 06067

General Information

Quarry Park is a state owned, town managed park that opened in 1991.  It is made up of 84 acres with views of the CT River valley and the Great Meadows.  Ruins of the quarry operations past are being reclaimed by nature.  Coniferous and deciduous forests, ponds and streams support frogs, turtles, rabbits, deer, coyotes, foxes, bobcats, vultures, herons, eagles and humans. 

It is located in northeast Rocky Hill on a former trap rock quarry that was worked from the late 1800's to the middle of the present century. The quarry floor is on several levels, and the highest rock face near the north end is about 60 feet high.

It is bound by Old Main street to the west, an abandoned railroad property to the east, and residential properties to the south and north.  Entrances are located on Old Main Street, across from Parsonage Street, or from the parking lot on Old Main Street on the corner of Matteson Avenue.

This property is for passive use only; hiking year round, with snow-shoeing or cross country skiing during the winter months.  Dogs are permitted on a leash.  Please bag and remove any dog waste.  Parks closes at dusk.

Additional Files